the world's first instant home loan
Apply online, get approved online, then sign on the dotted line. In just 22 minutes, your home is yours.
Tic:Toc is a new and savvy financial services company with its headquarters in Adelaide, South Australia. Having built a greenfield digital financial services platform, Tic:Toc has already changed the way Australians access their home loans for the better.
As a world first, Tic:Toc remains relentlessly focussed on providing the best possible customer experience.
meet the tockers
Every day we solve problems. We relish new ideas and fresh thinking.
We reward passion and potential.
We make time. Time for our customers and time for each other.
- Technical Business Analyst
- Web Designers
- Systems Architect
- Systems engineer / Systems Administration Infrastructure
marketing and communications
- Social Scientist
- Communications and PR
- Digital Designer
- Social Media Manager
Experience and Information
- Business Analyst
- Data Scientists
- Product Development / Project Manager
Credit and Operations
- Customer Hub / Home Loan Specialists
- Credit Assessors
- People and Culture
- Project Management / Continuous Improvement
We love financial services and home lending backgrounds as it aids with understanding and helps to hit the ground running, but we also seek a mix of skills and experience.
We recruit to our values, regardless of the role :
time to build good bonds
- emotionally connected
- highly collaborative and productive
- associate ideas in unusual ways
- can connect unrelated things
- dedicated to team
- don’t expect to start at the top, be patient, spend time being curious and learning
time to be human
- emotional mature (heightened sensitivity)
- sense of humour
- little tolerance for boredom
- insatiable curiosity
- works well under pressure, this can come out in an interview (our interviews are pretty tough)
- feels comfortable sharing who they are
time to be transparent
- explore options
- offer divergent thinking
- uninhibited in expression
- diversity of thought through diverse teams
- ask questions and don’t be afraid to debate
time to take responsibility
- delight in change
- intellectual playfulness
- willing to take risks
- value independence
- attention to detail
we make time
- tells well constructed stories
- consistent personal values
- straightforward and consistent
- ethical and honest
- teach and learn and share
Follow us on social media - to hear about vacancies.
If you love us, and think you are a match submit your resume and and tailored cover letter that tells us what role you are seeking and gives us a good understanding of who you are and why you would like to work with Tic:Toc.
This needs to be tailored, specific and genuine.
We want to make the time to respond to your genuine interest, so no generic applications please.
please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you love helping people?
- Are you interested in Agile, DevOps and new technology?
- Do you get a kick out of fixing problems and building solutions?
- Do you want the opportunity be part of an IT team that has real meaning to the business and help further shape the way IT Infrastructure supports the business and its future partners?
The Systems Engineer will report to the Infrastructure Manager and work closely with members of the IT team and the wider business to build and support both our on-premise and cloud-based technology as well as being a key contributor of to the operational IT support to the business.
It will involve working on new and existing Infrastructure projects and wider IT team projects to enhance our platform with new features and capabilities that will ultimately provide improved customer experiences.
- Providing technical support and resolution of IT related requests and incidents from start to finish (no tick and flick here!);
- Assist with the preventative maintenance program and assist in the maintenance of Workstation and Server infrastructure;
- Partake in the Change Management Board;
- Provision and maintain desktop hardware;
- Work with the other Systems Engineer in the build of Server Infrastructure;
- Work with the other Systems Engineer in the build of our AWS Infrastructure;
- Asset Management;
- Maintaining and creating required documentation and knowledgebase articles;
- Assist in Project related work;
- Work with Vendors and stakeholders to build and maintain our platform;
- Partake in the on-call roster
Are you who we are looking for?Essential requirements:
- Tertiary Qualifications in and I.T. related field or equivalent industry certifications in an information & communications discipline; and
- 5+ years’ experience operating in a Service Desk Environment, maintaining Desktop and server environments for Medium Size businesses
- Computer IP network and Microsoft Server Infrastructure concepts including LAN, WAN, Group Policy, AD, DNS, IIS, DHCP;
- Microsoft desktop operating systems and related Microsoft server software products;
- Cloud based Web services such as Amazon Web services and Azure.
- System scripting to accelerate and automate the delivery of IT services to the business
- User and computer management via Active Directory;
- Group Policy Management
- Use of Ticket management systems
- System support frameworks (ITIL) within the IT function of the business.
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- Linux Servers
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2016 and / or other SQL frameworks
- Virtualization technologies
- Amazon Web Services
- Windows 10 client PC's
- Mac OS X Client PC’s
- Microsoft Office 365
- Active Directory User Management
- Adobe Design Suite
- JIRA Suite of Applications
- Loan Origination Software
- Android/Apple Mobile Devices
- Python, JAVA and .NET Core Frameworks;
- Mono and Micro API services delivered via an enterprise service bus;
- Financial decisioning systems;
- Many data Augmentation services delivered via SaaS (API’s); and
- Data Science suite (R and Shiny)
- Financial Services background and in specific Digital Finance / Loan Origination process;
- Knowledge of SOA and delivery of services via web technologies (REST, SOAP etc); and
- Knowledge and experience with Multi-Chanel (Voice, Chat, Social and Email) contact centres.
- The ability to take initiative and work unsupervised;
- Excellent analytical and risk assessment skills;
- Highly developed communication and consultative skill and will be able to work; collaboratively with all staff across all functions of the business, with strong customer service skills;
- Strong verbal & written communication skills across stakeholder groups; and
- Upholds professionalism.
Above all else – Tictockers enjoy a challenge and understand that in a small company the key to success is being self-motivated, collaborating and jumping at the chance to pitch in to get the job done.
Since launching in July 2017, we've been promising to give back time to Australian home buyers. This is a world-first offering and we are growing fast, so we need help to do this well.
However, with growing demand and recognition from the market in our business and platform by H2 Ventures 2017 Fintech 100 – Leading Global Fintech Innovators and many other sources (tictochomeloans.com/newsroom), we are currently evolving our business strategy and building partnerships with other organisations, to offer a better home loan experience via additional channels, to more Australians.
As a digital platform, we continually seek best practice in business strategy and partnerships.
As a values-based business, we ensure we make time to deliver the best product to our customers by making time for ourselves and for our business.
We relish 'good different'. We solve everyday problems having re-imagined complex solutions in unexpected, yet simple, ways. We relentlessly focus on providing the best digital customer experience possible.
This position offers a market salary.
We at Tic:Toc can offer you:
- A full-time ongoing position with a small & nimble company where what you deliver is more valued than how well you fit the corporate mould.
- A position where your input is respected, and you can influence what is delivered.
- To work on cutting edge technology & help deliver true innovation to customers.
- To be part of a fun, hard-working team with great comradery.
- A company that is growing fast with many opportunities.
- Enjoy an exciting digital brand with a focus on honesty and transparency.
- Regular social lunches and activities – we genuinely like, value and prioritise spending time together.
- Free fruit and an impressive freshly-ground coffee machine (it’s the little things).
- No ping-pong tables, but we have an beautiful renovated warehouse style office with plenty of natural light.
- An opportunity to become a part owner in Tic:Toc through our employee equity schemes.
- A central Adelaide location with good public transport links.
Click on Apply.
Help us to review your application by completing the screening questions.
Please provide us with a cover letter that explains why you are genuinely interested in this role, together with your CV.
If you are applying from interstate please be specific about your interest in the role and how you would manage a move to Adelaide.
Please forward any questions on the role to Tic:Toc on email@example.com.
In accordance with financial services best practice employment is subject to successful employment screening, including (but not limited to) criminal, ASIC banned persons and bankruptcy checks.